Thursday, March 10, 2011

Depeche Mode

I will stand all alone
N' I will be on my own
When I... break free

I will not come undone
When my song has been sung
When I... break free

Listen to me
When I say I will be...
Free
Free as the wind
Free as the sun
And the rains
And the blood in my veins
Cause...
My life was given for free
So why can't I take back what was given to me
And... break free

So many shackles abound
So many traps lay around
On the floors of the forest
And the mighty blue seas
So many hungry thieves
Have even more up their sleeves
They'll stop at nothing to get
The last of it yet
To stripe mine our time with
Unruly devices
Distract us from the things we truly hold dear
Filling our minds
And hearts
With shock, awe, and fear


My heart was an ocean
Now drag netted of emotion...

Look at me now
I'm no different than you
I may be striped and so bare
But I want to declare...
I will break free!

No comments: