Friday, August 12, 2011

Inamuragasaki Pointillism

It is said
Samurai shed
More blood here
Than oceans deep.
But all I feel now is my heart’s beat,
As it keeps
Every drop.
We three fall into days like today
As if trapped by a spider of unseen grace,
Bouncing on her web like a trampoline
A dream-like day
I can whole-heartedly say.
Making friends with the world through one person,
Knowing there’s more to the soul
Than wanting to fight
I let go
Reaching in for more and more
Hoping to find a new emotion
Or one that hasn’t been touched so much
It has become tarnished

My children roll like logs down the hill
While the others sit Seurat still
For the sunset to thrill

As the sun slips into gray
Before making its way
To lighten another day in Paris
The sunset seekers leave unimpressed
But I could care less
As I watch my children roll like logs down the hill
Entertaining the Samurai souls,
And for all the men
Who could never have children
And the blood needed to keep that kind of love alive.

No comments: