Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Will

Trouble me
Easy teasing sad man breaking glass
Glee in me try to be trained the way I speak back to you
Lacking dignity
Speaking out of turn
Burning slowly
In wet wick slicked-back hair
Not a care
To dare to step out of my preset patterns
Earning millage
On my wavelength of choice and shaking voice
Because I wanted to meet you at barrier
Where we both cannot traverse
In no man’s land with no dime in hand
I shake your hand, buck knife slit like mine
And blood brothers become
Undone
Scabs forming on our hearts
We part
Not knowing we have more in common than not
And that really our thoughts are not our own
Anyway
In the light of the super moon
I imagine you sleeping till noon
On the other side of the planet
A world away
In the cranberry clotted blood we share
And I turn my thoughts to those truly in need and
My thoughts of you fade away
The menacing wave now lapping at the shore
Of Tohoku
And my heart pumps harder than ever before
And seeping though the cracks of the scabs
Filling my body cavity with a love swell torrent
For the victims
For the neighbors to the north
I turn my heater off at night and share their cold
And eat their food
And bear what burden of theirs I can recreate here
In relative comfort
In the dark and laptop battery fading, now 8%
And the need to finish this rush of thought
This surge of love
Collapsing into now
Wondering how I can
Keep my heart beating like this
Because I feel so alive for YOU!
Make you proud
Singing out loud
Waiting for someone to make the first move.
And I will follow
I will
I will
I will myself
I will!


That fraction of a split second we call “now” is all we have.
And what I just said is now the past.
My actions determine my future
Each and every action
And the fraction of a split second to act
Is all it takes to s

No comments: